To better support Northern Colorado Prospers (NCP) strategic initiatives, NCP is a member of the Common Sense Institute (CSI), a non-partisan research organization dedicated to the protection and promotion of Colorado’s economy.
With this membership, we have first access to the CSI research, articles, insights and discussions surrounding the business community, with topics including fiscal impacts of policies, initiatives, and proposed laws”
The CSI has released its latest report about Colorado’s housing affordability crisis.
The report titled “From Conflict to Compassion: A Colorado Housing Development Blueprint For Transformational Change” is written based on feedback from 40 stakeholders and practical solutions for our state.
The core of the report focused on a Blueprint for Transformational Change, including:
- A Colorado Affordable Housing Crisis Challenge Grant, established by the Governor.
- A regional governmental partnership that includes a coalition of willing and committed counties and municipalities.
- Use by right affordable housing regional development overlay consisting of a regional building, zoning, and designing standard codes.
- Local government emergency declaration.
- 5 year low-income housing tax credit set aside.
- Joint underwriting task force pilot.
- Donation of local government owned land.
- Establish Colorado as offside modular building industry hub.