Expand and Retain Existing Business
The most effective and efficient way for a community to experience job growth is from the retention and expansion of existing businesses.
- A well-structured and coordinated Business Retention and Expansion program can accelerate this process.
Formalize a Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) program:
- Business retention and expansion is a key economic development strategy deployed in the most successful communities.
- It is a coordinated program by community economic development advocates to identify, contact and assist primary employers.
- Currently, no such program exists to maintain regular, meaningful contact with key employers to understand and address their issues and needs.
- It is imperative that the Chamber and allied organizations work in an orchestrated way to meet annually with those businesses driving our economy.
Meet with 100 area businesses each year to identify challenges
- Prioritize visits for those companies identified as likely growth prospects in order to facilitate their expansion.
- Form a volunteer Rapid Response Team to intervene in urgent situations involving a company’s expansion or potential departure from the region.
- Convene existing industry sector groups to identify and address common challenges and opportunities.
- Partner with neighboring Chambers and Larimer County economic development programs.
LATESTNEWS AND UPDATES
- A majority of the 20 hottest skills in the US job market are tech-related, according to a new list from freelancing platform Upwork. In-demand tech …read more...
- Technology, talent shortage, and trust are just a few of the issues that will challenge workplace culture over the next decade. BY GWEN MORAN Recent years …read more...
- The Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce hosted the first Northern Colorado Prospers (NCP) LIVE Online Update during the morning of January 30, 2019. The …read more...